Strawberry Mudslide Pie
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 prepared 8-inch crumb piecrust
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Sweetened whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler over hot (not boiling) water; mix
until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese until
fluffy, beat in chocolate and vanilla extract until smooth and thoroughly
blended. Pour into pie crest; smooth top.
- Chill until firm.
- Meanwhile, heat strawberries in small saucepan.
- Mix lemon juice
and cornstarch and add to strawberries. Cook and stir over medium
heat until clear and thickened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature. Pour over pie, spread to cover chocolate filling.
- Pipe top with sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
May use a prepared crust.