Apple Gingerbread Cobbler
- 4 medium apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Filling: Cook apples, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and 1 cup of water until apples are
- Combine 3 tablespoons water with cornstarch, stirring until all lumps are removed.
Stir into apples and cook until thickened. Pour into an 8-inch baking dish. Add
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Topping: Beat together the milk, molasses, oil, egg and sugar.
- Measure remaining
ingredients into sifter and sift into egg mixture. Stir only until combined and
pour over apple mixture.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cobbler Recipes