Apple and Oats Cobbler
- 6 cup sliced apples (tart or all-purpose)
- 3/4 cup sugar (adjust to suit fruit)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- Filling: Pare and slice apples, tossing them quickly with the sugar, cornstarch,
cinnamon and salt.
- Turn into 9-inch square baking dish; dot with butter. Set aside.
- Topping: Sift flour with baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Use a pastry blender to cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in oats and milk, stirring just until all ingredients are moistened. Spoon over apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve warm with light cream.
Yield: 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.