Blackberry Cobbler 2
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup crushed blackberries
- Cobbler: Sprinkle berries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.
- Combine flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt in a
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Add milk, mixing well. Roll two-thirds of the dough
to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Place in lightly greased 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Pour berries into pastry-lined dish.
- Roll out remaining dough and add top crust.
- Pour boiling water over crust.
- Combine cinnamon and 1 teaspoon sugar; sprinkle over cobbler.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Spoon cobbler into serving dishes
and top with sauce.
- Sauce: Mix cornstarch with water until smooth.
- Melt butter in a saucepan; add sugar, berries and cornstarch mixture.
Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens.
Yields 10 to 12 servings; 1 1/2 cups sauce
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cobbler Recipes