Blueberry Cake Cobbler
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 pints blackberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus about 2 tablespoons, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- Put the butter in a deep dish at least 9 inches in diameter. Place
the dish in a cold oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Place the blackberries in a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons sugar. Let stand.
- Sift baking powder and flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and milk and stir until blended to make a thin batter. When the butter is
melted and the oven is hot, pour the batter all at once into the dish.
- Pour fruit and any accumulated juice in the center of batter.
- Return the dish to the oven.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until the top is golden brown and a cake tester
or wooden pick comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 8 servings