Blueberry Dumpling Cobbler
This is good served warm with vanilla ice cream. Strawberries may be
substituted for the blueberries.
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 3/4 cup Quaker oats, uncooked
- Bring blueberries, 1 1/3 cups sugar and butter to a boil in a large
saucepan over medium heat, stirring gently until butter is melted
and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Beat cream cheese and 2/3 cup sugar with an electric mixer until
fluffy; add milk and beat until smooth.
- By hand stir in Bisquick mix and uncooked oats.
- Spread two-thirds of dumpling mixture onto bottom of a lightly greased
9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Spoon blueberry mixture evenly over dumpling mixture.
- Dollop remaining dumpling mixture evenly over blueberries.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.
Good served warm.