Cookies 'n' Cream Peach Cobbler
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup amaretto (optional)
1/4 cup peach preserves
10 large ripe peaches (3 pound), peeled and sliced
1/3 (20 ounce package) refrigerated sliceable sugar cookie dough
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan; stir well.
in amaretto, if desired, and peach preserves.
- Add sliced peaches,
and stir gently to coat. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently,
until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Spoon peach mixture into
a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 1 1/2-inch baking dish.
- Place cookie dough between 2 sheets of plastic wrap on a cookie
sheet; roll to a 10 x 17-inch rectangle. Remove top sheet of plastic
wrap, and sprinkle dough with 1 1/2 teaspoons of flour; gently rub
flour into dough.
- Repeat procedure on other side of dough.
dough for 15 minutes.
- Cut 6 (10 x 1/2-inch) strips of dough, using a pastry wheel. Cut
8 (6 x 1/2-inch) strips of dough. Arrange strips in lattice design
over peach mixture in dish.
- Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar and
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over cookie dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees
F for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cobbler cool 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- Spoon into individual
serving bowls, and top with ice cream.
Yield: 8 servings
Slice and bake remaining cookie dough according to package
directions. Serve additional cookies with cobbler and ice cream,