Crusty Peach Cobbler
- 8 cups fresh peaches; sliced
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- Pastry for double-crust pie
- Vanilla ice cream
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Combine peaches, sugar, flour and nutmeg in a Dutch oven; set aside
until syrup forms.
- Bring peach mixture to a boil; reduce heat to low, and cook 10 minutes
or until tender.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla extract and butter,
stirring until butter melts.
- Roll half of pastry to 1/8-inch thickness
on a lightly floured surface; cut into an 8-inch square.
- Spoon half
of peaches into a lightly buttered 8-inch square pan, then top with
- Bake at 475 degrees F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spoon remaining peaches over baked pastry square.
- Roll remaining pastry to 1/8-inch thickness, and cut into 1-inch
strips; arrange in lattice design over peaches.
- Bake an additional
15 to 18 minutes or until browned.
- Spoon into serving bowls, and top each with a scoop of ice cream.
Yield: 8 servings
Source: Southern Living