Date Pudding Cobbler
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup water
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish
- In a bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and baking powder.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Gradually add the milk, dates and walnuts.
- In saucepan, combine water and remaining brown sugar; bring to a
boil. Remove from heat; add the date mixture and mix well.
to a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- If desired,
top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling
Yield: 9 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cobbler Recipes