Fig Cobbler in Cheddar Pastry
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 5 cups peeled halved fresh figs (2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cups shortening
- 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Filling: Arrange figs evenly in a lightly greased 10 x 6 x 2-inch baking
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir well and sprinkle
- Dot with butter.
- Cheddar Pastry: Combine flour and salt; cut in shortening.
- Stir in cheese.
- Sprinkle cold water (1 tablespoon at a time) over surface. Stir
with a fork until moist.
- Roll into a ball. Roll pastry out to 1/2
inch thickness and cut into strips, 10 x 1/2 inches. Arrange in
lattice fashion over figs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cobbler Recipes