Fresh Strawberry Cobbler
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled
- Beat 1/4 cup softened butter at medium speed with electric mixer;
gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating well.
- Add egg and vanilla extract, mixing well.
- Combine 1 1/4 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter
mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Spoon into a greased 8-inch square
- Arrange berries on top, cut side down.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar; cut in 1/4 cup butter until
crumbly. Sprinkle over strawberries.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or till tests done with wooden
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/23/01 7:03:27 pm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.