- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (4 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mango, sliced, covered with water and sprinkled with 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add milk and beaten eggs; mix into
a smooth batter.
- Melt butter in shallow baking pan.
- Pour batter over butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40
to 45 minutes. Top will be lightly browned and the center will be
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
You can use any fruit, canned or fresh. If using canned, omit
the water and use the liquid from the fruit.