Mock Apple Cobbler
- 8 cups chopped, seeded, peeled zucchini (about 3 pounds)
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter, cold
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
- For filling, cook and stir zucchini and lemon juice in large saucepan
over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until zucchini is
- Add sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Simmer for 1 minute. Remove
- For crust, combine flour and sugar in bowl.
- Cut in butter until
mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Stir 1/2 cup into filling.
half of remaining crust mixture into prepared pan.
- Spread filling
- Crumble remaining crust mixture over top.
- Sprinkle cinnamon
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cobbler Recipes