Old-Fashioned Raspberry Cobbler
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- Place raspberries in bottom of buttered 8-inch square glass dish.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup sugar over the berries.
- In bowl, cream shortening with 1/2 cup sugar and mix well.
- Add beaten
egg and vanilla extract and mix well
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder and add to creamed shortening
- Blend in milk and beat until smooth.
- Drop batter by spoonsful
over top of fruit and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.
- Serve warm with lemon sauce.