Peach-A-Berry Cobbler (T&T)
This is a family favorite. I often double the recipe to take to
a pot luck dinner.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- For topping, stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar and baking powder.
- Add milk and 1/4 cup margarine. Stir till smooth; set aside.
- For filling, in a medium saucepan, stir together brown sugar and
cornstarch; stir in water.
- Add peaches and blueberries. Cook and
stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly.
- Add 1 tablespoon
butter and lemon juice; stir until butter melts.
- Pour into a 1 1/2
quart ungreased casserole.
- Spoon topping in mounds over hot filling;
spread evenly over filling.
- Sprinkle with a mixture of 2 tablespoons
sugar and nutmeg.
- Bake cobbler in a 350 degree F oven for about 35 minutes or till bubbly
and a wooden pick inserted into crust comes out clean.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
Frozen peaches and blueberries are fine in this. If using frozen
blueberries, do not add to the peach mixture until it is almost
done or berries will bleed.
Per serving: 333 Calories (kcal); 11g Total Fat; (27% calories
from fat); 4g Protein; 58g Carbohydrate; 3mg Cholesterol; 248mg
Food Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable;
1 Fruit; 2 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates
Posted by Keplerkid at Recipe Goldmine 1/26/2002 5:30 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cobbler Recipes