Peach-A-Berry Cobbler (T&T)
This is a family favorite. I often double the recipe to take to
a pot luck dinner.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups fresh peaches, sliced*
- 1 cup fresh blueberries*
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Frozen peaches and blueberries are fine in this. If using frozen
blueberries, do not add to the peach mixture until it is almost
done or berries will bleed.
- Topping: Stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar and baking powder.
- Add milk and 1/4 cup butter. Stir until smooth; set aside.
- Filling: In a medium saucepan, stir together brown sugar and
cornstarch; stir in water.
- Add peaches and blueberries. Cook and stir over medium heat until
thickened and bubbly.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and lemon juice; stir until butter melts.
- Pour into a 1 1/2 quart ungreased casserole.
- Spoon topping in mounds over hot filling; spread evenly over filling.
- Sprinkle with a mixture of 2 tablespoons sugar and nutmeg.
- Bake cobbler in a 350 degrees F oven for about 35 minutes or till bubbly
and a wooden pick inserted into crust comes out clean.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
Per serving: 333 Calories (kcal); 11g Total Fat; (27% calories
from fat); 4g Protein; 58g Carbohydrate; 3mg Cholesterol; 248mg
Food Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable;
1 Fruit; 2 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates
Posted by Keplerkid at Recipe Goldmine 1/26/2002 5:30 pm.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.