Peach Cobbler with Biscuit Topping
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 5 cups sliced pared fresh peaches
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- Filling: Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Blend sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Add water. Bring to a boil. Stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add butter and peaches.
- Pour into a shallow baking dish.
- Biscuit Topping: Combine biscuit mix and 2 tablespoons of the sugar.
- Blend in cream with a fork.
- Drop dough in 6 mounds around edge of baking dish.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and lemon peel; sprinkle on dough.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until peaches are tender and biscuits golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or plain.