Peach Cobbler 2
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup peach nectar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice or peach juice (can use juice reserved from canned peaches)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans peaches, sliced, packed in juice, drained or 1 3/4 pound fresh peaches
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup dry pancake mix
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Combine cinnamon, vanilla extract, cornstarch, peach nectar and
pineapple, or peach juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly
until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Add sliced peaches to mixture.
Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In another saucepan melt butter and set aside.
- Lightly spray an 8-inch square glass dish with cooking oil spray.
- Pour hot peach mixture into the dish.
- In another bowl, combine pancake mix, flour, sugar, and melted margarine.
- Stir in milk.
- Quickly spoon this mixture over peach mixture.
- Combine nutmeg and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle mixture on top of batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into 8 squares.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional value per serving: calories: 271 fat: 4 grams saturated
fat: less than 1 gram cholesterol: less than 1 milligram sodium: