You can have this homey, old-fashioned dessert in the oven in a matter of minutes so it’s great for a weeknight supper or a pot luck. Lemon zest and juice in the biscuit topping is a perfect partner for the berries.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 bags (12-ounces) IQF Washington raspberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced, divided
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter or spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Turn raspberries into baking dish.
- In small bowl, stir together sugar, tapioca, half the lemon zest and juice. Stir into raspberries in baking dish.
- Bake until berry mixture is beginning to bubble around edges, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir together biscuit mix, sugar and remaining lemon zest and juice.
- Stir in milk just until mixture is moistened.
- Drop biscuit mixture by rounded tablespoons onto hot berry mixture and bake until topping is nicely browned, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Top with whipped or pour cream or ice cream, if you wish.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition Information per serving: calories 229, fat 1.11g, saturated fat 0.28g, % calories from fat 4%, protein 2.78g, carbohydrates 53.3g, cholesterol 0.54mg, sodium 95mg, fiber 3.26g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Washington Red Raspberry Commission
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cobbler Recipes