Rhubarb Almond Cobbler
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 cups fresh rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces or frozen rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds or pecans
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- Light cream or vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of the sugar and 1/2 cup water.
Bring to boiling; add fresh or frozen (undrained) rhubarb. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the 2 tablespoons flour. Add
to rhubarb mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in the 2 tablespoons butter and almonds. Keep hot.
- Meanwhile, thoroughly stir together the 1 cup flour, 2 tablespoons
sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine egg and milk; add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring
just to moisten.
- Turn hot rhubarb into a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Quickly spoon biscuit topper in 6 mounds atop rhubarb.
- Bake at 400 degrees F about 20 minutes or until biscuit mounds are golden.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream.
Yield: 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.