- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cup flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- Place rhubarb in a greased 8 x 12-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Heat in oven at 350 degrees F while mixing batter.
- Sift remaining dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add beaten egg and milk.
- Pour batter over hot rhubarb.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees F.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.