Top-of-the-Stove Cherry or Blueberry Cobbler
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 2 tablespoons soft or melted butter or margarine
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can or recipe cherry or blueberry pie filling
- Ice cream or cream, optional
Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 (16 ounce) can sour pitted cherries, including juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Blueberry Pie Filling
- 1 (15 ounce) can blueberries, including juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons tapioca
- Dash salt
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Cobbler: In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix, butter, milk and sugar.
- In a deep skillet that has a tight lid, heat pie filling almost
to boiling. Reduce heat to low.
- Drop dough by spoonsful on top of
sauce. Cover tightly. Dumplings will be done in 15 to 20 minutes.
Do not uncover pan until 15 minutes has passed. Let cool a while.
- Spoon into bowls. If you wish, serve with cream or ice cream.
- Cherry Pie Filling: Drain juice from cherries into skillet.
- Mix in sugar, flour and
cinnamon. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture
thickens and boils. Stir in cherries and almond extract.
- Blueberry Pie Filling: Make this in the skillet in which you will complete the recipe.
- Mix this in the skillet and let stand while preparing biscuit dough.
Stirring, bring to a boil before topping with dough.