Chocolate Silk Pie
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 ounces butter
- 6 ounces chocolate, bittersweet
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua (optional)
- 1 pie shell (9-inch), pre-baked
- Whipped cream
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Set aside and allow to cool
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the chocolate, vanilla and Kahlua (if used) and blend.
- With the mixer running,
add 1 egg and beat for 5 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining 3 eggs (mixing each for 5 minutes).
- Pre-bake the pie shell and allow to cool.
- Pour the mixture into the shell.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (overnight is best).
- Serve cold, topped with whipped cream.
- Be sure to thoroughly chill this no-bake pie before attempting to slice it.
Posted by Darlene at Recipe Goldmine 12/19/2001 9:19 am.