Citrus Cream Crumble Pie
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/4 cups granulated
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping
- 8 pecan shortbread cookies
- Soften gelatine in bowl with 1/4 cup cold water.
- In a bowl combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Mix well.
- In saucepan, beat eggs until frothy and lemon colored.
- Add juices and water,
- Stir in sugar mixture. Cook over medium-high heat until thickened about
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatine and lime peel. Chill until mixture begins
- Remove 1/2 cup of the citrus mixture.
- Pour remaining into pie shell-shill.
whipped topping into remaining citrus mixture. and spread on top of set filling.
- Let chill an additional hour.
- Crumble pecan shortbread cookies and sprinkle on top of pie before serving.