Clementine Chiffon Pie
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, finely chopped
- 1 cup shortbread cookies crumbs
- 4 Clementines, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated Clementine rind
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: In bowl, blend butter, coconut and crumbs. Press over bottom and up sides
of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake crust 14 minutes or until lightly golden on edges. Cool.
- Filling: In blender, combine Clementines and lemon juice. Pulse until smooth.
- Bring butter, sugar, rind, citrus mixture and gelatine to a simmer in a saucepan.
- In bowl, slightly whisk eggs.
- Whisk a little hot Clementine mixture into eggs, then whisk egg mixture back into saucepan. Cook
for 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Strain into a bowl.
- Place plastic wrap on surface of mixture. Let cool 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until mixture begins to set.
- Add cream to citrus mixture. Beat to very soft peaks.
- Spoon into crust.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Garnish: Garnish with Clementine sections.
Yield: 12 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.