Coconut Almond Cream Pie
- 1 1/3 cups plus 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or 2 tablespoons almond-flavored liqueur
- 1 small box vanilla flavor pudding mix (not instant)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream, at room temperature
- Whipping cream, whipped
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine 1 1/3 cups coconut, chopped almonds and butter; press firmly on bottom
and up side to rim of 9-inch pie plate to form crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool.
- In heavy saucepan, beat sweetened condensed milk with egg yolks.
- Add water, extract and pudding mix; beat until well blended. Over medium heat,
cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Beat in sour cream. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup coconut.
- Pour into prepared crust; cover. Chill thoroughly.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Garnish as desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cream Pie Recipes