Coffee Chiffon Pie
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup brewed and cooled coffee with chicory
teaspoon coffee liqueur or vanilla extract
- 3/8 cup heavy cream, whipped
cracker pie crust
- Mix together gelatine, 1/2 cup sugar and salt in top of double boiler.
- Beat together egg yolks and coffee. Stir into gelatine mixture. Cook over boiling
water, stirring constantly, until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in coffee
liqueur or vanilla extract.
- Chill until it is the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until
stiff and dry.
- Fold in gelatine mixture and whipped cream.
- Turn into pie crust and
chill until firm.