Coffee Cream Pie
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 baked pastry shell
- Whipped cream
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Heat milk and coffee together. Gradually add to cornstarch
mixture, stirring constantly. Cook over boiling water until thick and smooth, stirring frequently
(about 15 minutes).
- Pour part of the mixture over egg, blending thoroughly.
- Return to double boiler and cook 2 minutes longer. Cool.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Turn into pastry shell.
- Cover with whipped cream.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cream Pie Recipes