Creamy Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 (8- or 9-inch) baked pastry shell or Graham cracker crumb crust
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice from concentrate
- Few drops yellow food coloring, if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium mixing bowl, beat egg yolks; stir in EAGLE BRAND, lemon juice and food
coloring if desired.
- Pour into prepared pastry shell.
- In small mixer bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form;
gradually add sugar, beating until stiff but not dry.
- Spread meringue on top of pie, sealing carefully to edge of shell.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: one 8- or 9-inch pie
Source: Eagle Brand
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.