Creamy Mojito Pie
Take a tropical turn with a cream pie made easily with an unroll, bake and fill
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whole or 2% milk
- 1 (4-serving size) box vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) limeade concentrate
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipping (heavy) cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 to 1 1/2 teaspoons mint extract
- Garnishes, if desired
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Lime slices
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely on cooling rack, about 15 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on low speed until creamy.
- Add remaining filling ingredients; beat on low speed about 30 seconds or until
blended. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, until thickened
- Spoon filling evenly into pie crust; refrigerate while making topping.
- In same bowl, beat topping ingredients on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spread topping evenly over filling.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour or until set.
- Garnish pie with mint sprigs and lime slices.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
Prep Time: 15 Min | Total Time: 1 Hr 45 Min | Makes: 8 servings
Nutritional Information 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 470 (Calories from
Fat 280), Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 17g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium
430mg; Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 24g), Protein 4g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15.00%; Vitamin C 4.00%; Calcium 10.00%;
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 6 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Ayofemi Wright, Atlanta, Georgia. Bake-Off® Contest 43, 2008
Recipe and photo credit: Pillsbury