Deep South Lemon Pie
- 5 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- 1 baked Graham cracker crust
- Make Graham cracker crust according to box directions. Reserve 1/2 cup crumbs for pie
topping. Be sure to bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Let cool.
- Grate 1 tablespoon lemon rind and sprinkle on crust. Let stand while filling
is being made.
- For filling, beat egg whites very stiff, adding sugar gradually.
- Mix in a separate bowl sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and food coloring.
- When this is mixed well, fold into stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour mixture into Graham crust.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Graham crumbs.
- Keep refrigerated.
This pie may also be frozen for future use.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.