Deep South Lemon Pie
- 5 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- 1 baked Graham
- Make Graham
cracker crust according to box directions. Reserve 1/2 cup crumbs for pie
topping. Be sure to bake for 8
minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Let cool.
- Grate 1 tablespoon lemon rind and sprinkle on crust. Let stand while filling
is being made.
- For filling, beat egg whites very stiff, adding sugar gradually.
- Mix in a separate bowl sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and food coloring.
- When this is mixed well, fold into stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour mixture into
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Graham
- Keep refrigerated.
This pie may also be frozen for future use.