Easy Coconut Cream Pie
This pie is both quick and delicious, with nicely chewy bits of sweet, toasted
coconut in a smooth, creamy filling.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/4 cups finely crushed Graham cracker crumbs*
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 1 cup Pastry Cream Filling mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut flavor or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt, optional
- 3/4 cup toasted shredded coconut
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream stabilizer, optional; to prevent cream from "weeping"
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 to 3 drops coconut flavor or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toasted coconut flakes, optional, to garnish
* For an easy shortcut, substitute Graham Cracker Crumb Crust Mix, prepared as
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Crust: Blend the crust ingredients, and press into the bottom and
sides of an 8" or 9" pie pan.
- Freeze for 15 minutes, then bake for 8 to 10 minutes; the crust won't change
much, just become slightly brown around the edges. Remove from the oven, and set
aside to cool.
- Filling: Combine the pastry cream filling mix with milk, cream, and
flavorings. Stir until blended, then beat for 2 to 3 minutes, until thick.
- Stir in the toasted shredded coconut, and spoon the filling into the cooled pie
- Topping: Combine the cream, stabilizer, sugar, and flavorings, whipping
until fluffy. Spoon or pipe onto the top of the pie.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Garnish with toasted large-flake coconut, if desired, and serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
Hands-on time: 20 to 30 min | Baking time: 8 to 10 min | Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): King Arthur Flour - kingarthurflour.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cream Pie Recipes