Famous Pumpkin Pie
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (9-inch)
unbaked pie crust*
- Combine filling ingredients in order given; pour into pie crust.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree F oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Bake an additional 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes
- Cool; garnish, if desired, with whipped topping.
* If using shallow frozen pie crusts, this recipe makes two pies. To bake them,
preheat cookie sheet while preheating oven to 425 degrees F. Bake for 15 minutes.
Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F, then bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes or
until pie tests done.