French Coconut Custard Pie
Can be mixed up in one bowl - clean up is a snap!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust, baked and cooled*
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups C&H Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flakes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs and sugar.
- Add flour, milk, melted butter, vanilla extract and vinegar;
- Stir in coconut and pour into partially baked pie crust.
- Bake until top is golden
and filling is set in center, about 45-55 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
* To partially bake crust: Lay a piece of foil over raw crust and fill part way
with pie weights. Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven until crust is set and beginning
to pale, with a touch of golden brown, about 18-20 minutes.
Credit: This was a winner in the 1999 C&h Sugar Baking Contest
Ownership: Curtis Ruhser Copyright: None
Recipe and photo credit: C&H Cane Sugar - chsugar.com.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cream Pie Recipes