French Coconut Custard Pie
French Coconut Custard Pie can be mixed up in one bowl - clean up is a snap!
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked and cooled*
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups C&H Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flakes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs and sugar.
- Add flour, milk, melted butter, vanilla extract and vinegar; mix well.
- Stir in coconut and pour into partially baked pie crust.
- Bake until top is golden and filling is set in center, about 45-55 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Yield: 8 servings
* To partially bake crust: Lay a piece of foil over raw crust and fill part way with pie weights. Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven until crust is set and beginning to pale, with a touch of golden brown, about 18 to 20 minutes.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
C&H Sugar, Inc.
Credit: This was a winner in the 1999 C&h Sugar Baking Contest
Ownership: Curtis Ruhser