Hawaiian Banana Cream Pie
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup chopped cashews or Macadamia nuts
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1/2 cusp milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 2 bananas,
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cashews or Macadamia nuts
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form.
- Combine the 1 cup cashews or Macadamia nuts, coconut and brown sugar; fold into
- Spread mixture in bottom and on sides of a 9-inch pie pan, forming a
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Combine egg yolks and milk; slowly
add to sugar mixture, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Add butter. Cook over medium
heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from
heat; stir in vanilla extract. Cool.
- Fold whipped cream into cool custard.
- Slice 1 banana and line meringue shell with slices.
- Spoon custard over bananas.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill 2 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle 1/2 cup cashews or Macadamia nuts around outer
edge of pie.
- Slice remaining banana, and place slices around outer edge on nuts.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cream Pie Recipes