Lemon Butter Cream Pie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 (8-inch) pie shell, baked
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and yolks,
one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in lemon
juice and rind. Cook in double boiler over hot water, stirring constantly,
- Cool slightly.
- Pour into cool pie shell.
- Add salt to egg whites and beat until frothy.
- Beat in sugar, a tablespoon
at a time, continuing to beat mixture will hold soft peaks.
over filling, sealing carefully to crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees F
for 12 to 15 minutes or until nicely brown.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cream Pie Recipes