Lemon Cream Pie
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (9-inch) baked pastry shell
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt.
- Stir in water until smooth. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
Boil 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer until fluffy and
- Gradually fold in 1/3 of thickened sugar mixture.
egg mixture to sugar mixture in saucepan and stir to combine. Bring
just to a boil, remove from heat.
- Fold lemon zest and lemon juice into thickened filling.
lemon filling to pastry shell.
- Cool to room temperature on a wire
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until set and firm before serving.
- To serve, beat cream with confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract.
- Spread over lemon filling.
- Cut into 8 pieces and transfer to dessert
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.