Lemon Cream Pie
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (9-inch) baked pastry shell
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt.
- Stir in water until smooth. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
Boil 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer until fluffy and
- Gradually fold in 1/3 of thickened sugar mixture.
egg mixture to sugar mixture in saucepan and stir to combine. Bring
just to a boil, remove from heat.
- Fold lemon zest and lemon juice into thickened filling.
lemon filling to pastry shell.
- Cool to room temperature on a wire
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until set and firm before serving.
- To serve, beat cream with confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract.
- Spread over lemon filling.
- Cut into 8 pieces and transfer to dessert
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.