This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Lemon Drop Pie
- 1 cup lemon drops
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell
- Pour water over lemon drops candy in saucepan and let stand two
- Boil liquid until drops dissolve, stirring constantly.
- Combine dry ingredients. Sift into hot liquid: stirring constantly.
- Beat egg yolks until lemon colored.
- Add yolks and butter to thickened
mixture and blend thoroughly. Cook three minutes.
- Add lemon juice and rind slowly; blend thoroughly.
- Pour into baked
- Make meringue and brown meringue in the oven.