Lemon Pucker Pie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (9-inch) flaky pie crust, pre-baked and still warm
- 1/2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Lemon Curd plus 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon curd
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar, preferably superfine*
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
* To make your own superfine sugar, simply place granulated sugar
in a food processor with the metal blade and process for a few minutes
or until fine.
- Dough: Roll, shape and pre-bake it.
- While it is still warm,
brush it with the egg white.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F at least 30 minutes before baking.
Set an oven rack toward the top of oven before preheating.
- Meringue: In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until
- Add the cream of tartar and beat at medium speed, gradually
adding 2 tablespoons of the sugar, until soft peaks form when the
beater is raised slowly.
- Gradually beat in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and continue
beating on high speed until stiff peaks form when the beater is
- Assemble the Pie or Tart: Fold the meringue into the lemon curd
and spread it smoothly into the prepared pie or tart shell. It can
come up to the top of the pastry, as it will not overflow. Protect
the edges with a greased foil ring cut large enough so it does not
come in contact with the filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Baked in a tart shell,
the filling will sink to the level of the crust and a little below, except
the very edges.
- Allow to cool for at least 1 hour.
- Serve at room temperature. Lightly sprinkle the surface with confectioners'
sugar just before serving.
- If desired, use a stencil to apply colored granulated sugar.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cream Pie Recipes