Lemon Truffle Pie
Savor each forkful of this smooth, light-yet-rich dessert. Lemon juice and lemon
peel provide a bright bit of tartness to balance the sweet filling.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips or chopped white chocolate baking bar (6 ounces)
- 1 package (8 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted*
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and flour.
- Gradually stir in water
until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Reduce heat to low; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir about 1/4 cup hot mixture into egg yolks until well blended.
- Stir egg yolk mixture into mixture in saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly,
until mixture boils. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter, lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Place 1/3 cup hot
filling in 1-quart saucepan; cool remaining lemon mixture 15 minutes.
- Stir vanilla chips into hot filling in 1-quart saucepan; cook and stir over low
heat just until chips are melted.
- In small bowl with electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy.
- Beat in melted vanilla chip mixture until well blended.
- Spread in bottom of cooled baked shell.
- Spoon lemon mixture evenly over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until set, 2 to 3 hours.
- In another small bowl with electric mixer, beat whipping cream on high speed
until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe or spoon whipped cream over pie.
- Garnish with toasted almonds.
- Store in refrigerator.
Prep Time: 1 Hr 10 Min | Total Time: 3 Hr 10 Min | Yield: 10 servings
* To toast almonds, spread on cookie sheet; bake at 350 degrees F for 5 to 7
minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Or spread almonds in thin layer
in microwavable pie pan; microwave on High 4 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently,
until golden brown.
Nutritional Information 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 390 (Calories from
Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 80mg; Sodium
210mg; Total Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 32g), Protein 4g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8.00%; Vitamin C 2.00%; Calcium 8.00%; Iron
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 4 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Pillsbury
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cream Pie Recipes