Lime in Coconut Custard Pie
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk (regular, not lite)
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup frozen limeade, thawed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie shell, frozen or homemade
- Optional garnishes: Whipped cream, curls of lime peel, fruit of
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Adjust rack to lowest level for baking.
- Combine coconut milk, coconut flakes, eggs, limeade, sugar, flour,
coconut extract and salt in a blender. Blend until mixed, and pour
into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 40 to 45 more minutes
or until set.
- Cool on rack for 1/2 hour and refrigerate until cold
- If desired, serve garnished with sweetened whipped cream, lime-peel
curls or fruit of choice.
Recipe from Andre Prost Inc./A Taste of Thai.