Old Fashioned Lemon Buttermilk Pie
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Grated zest from one lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make a homemade pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate. If using pre-made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer beat eggs and sugar until light yellow
in color, the mixture will be slightly thick.
- Beat the flour in first, then the buttermilk, melted butter, lemon zest,
lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into unbaked pie crust. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F and continue baking until the
center is set and barely jiggles, about 20 to 25 minutes longer.
- Cool on rack.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 45 min | Yield: 1 (9-inch) pie