Old-Fashioned Lemon Pie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 eggs
- 2 lemons, juiced, and rinds grated
- 1 baked pie shell
- Mix 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water and butter. Let boil 3 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixed with remaining 1/2 cup water. Stir well.
grated rind of lemons and juice.
- Add egg yolks and stir well until
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Beat egg whites until very stiff; add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, a
little at a time, to egg whites and fold one-third egg white mixture
into pie filling.
- Pour into the pie shell.
- Add cream of tartar to
remainder of egg white mixture to form meringue; cover pie with
- Bake for 15 minutes in oven preheated to 400 degrees F and
TURNED OFF before placing pie inside.
- Let pie remain in oven until
meringue is golden brown.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cream Pie Recipes