Orange Custard Cream Pie
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell, baked
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Filling: Stir together sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, orange
juice and orange liqueur.
- Pour into the prepared pie shell and bake
for 15 to 20 minutes, until just set.
- Remove from the oven and increase
oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
- Meringue: Combine egg whites and sugar in a metal bowl. Set in a
pan of simmering water (or place the pan directly over lowest heat
if desired) and stir for a minute or two until the sugar has dissolved
and the mixture is warm.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cream of tartar and
salt, and beat until the meringue stands in soft peaks.
- Spread over
the pie and return to the oven for about 5 minutes, until golden.
- Cool to room temperature.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.