Peanut Butter-Chocolate Banana Cream Pie
With layers of peanut butter, bananas and chocolate, this creamy pudding pie
is a grown-up’s dream come true—and a direct route back to childhood.
- 35 vanilla wafers, finely crushed (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 ounces BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- 1/2 cup PLANTERS Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 bananas, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into quarters
- 2 (3.4 ounce) boxes JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
- 2 tablespoons PLANTERS Salted Peanuts, coarsely chopped
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix wafer crumbs and butter until blended; press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch
- Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make chocolate curls from 1/2 ounce chocolate. Refrigerate.
- Chocolate Curls: Warm BAKER'S Chocolate slightly by heating it, unwrapped,
in the microwave for a few seconds until you can just smudge the chocolate with
your thumb. Hold the chocolate steadily between thumb and fingers of one hand and
draw a peeler slowly over flat bottom of chocolate. Allow a thin layer of chocolate
to curl as it is peeled off the bottom. This will make long, delicate curls. Make
short curls using the same technique on the narrow sides of the square. To arrange
curls on a dessert, use a toothpick to lift them into place.
- Microwave remaining 1 1/2 oz. chocolate and peanut butter in microwaveable bowl
on HIGH 1 minute; stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well
- Place bananas in crust; drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Beat pudding mixes and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup COOL WHIP.
- Spread over bananas; top with remaining COOL WHIP.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Top with chocolate curls and nuts just before serving.
prep: 30 min | total: 3 hr 45 min | 10 servings
Size Wise: You don't have to miss out on your favorite foods if eaten in moderation
and mindful of portions. A serving of this sweet treat can fit into a balanced diet
Special Extra: Garnish each slice with a vanilla wafer just before serving.
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 370 Total fat 20 g Saturated fat 9
g Cholesterol 20 mg Sodium 460 mg Carbohydrate 46 g Dietary fiber 2 g Sugars 32
g Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 6 % DV Vitamin C 4 % DV Calcium 8 % DV Iron 6 % DV
Recipe and photo credit: Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cream Pie Recipes