Peanut Butter Custard Pie
- 1 (10-inch) deep dish pie crust, baked and cooled
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- While crust is cooling, make filling.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, mix egg yolks, milk, sugar, cornstarch and
- Add margarine. Cook over medium low heat, stirring frequently
until mixture boils and thickens, about 15 minutes. Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour filling into cooled pie crust.
- Cover and refrigerate pie until
set, at least four hours.
- Cover pie surface with meringue or, just before serving, with 8
ounces of thawed whipped topping.
- Meringue: Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add sugar and cream of tartar
and beat until glossy.
- Spread on pie surface sealing to crust.
in a 375 degrees F oven and toast to a golden brown.
- Cool to room
Serves 8 to 10