Peanut Butter Mousse Pie
- 2 cups brownie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 (12 or 16 ounce) container Cool Whip, whipped topping (larger size will make a fluffier filling)
- 1/2 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
In a large bowl, combine brownie crumbs, butter and chocolate chips.
- Press into the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Place in freezer
while preparing filling.
Combine butter and brown sugar in a medium microwave-safe bowl and
microwave for 3 minutes, stirring half way.
- Place in refrigerator
for 10 minutes.
- Place mixture in a medium mixing bowl and beat with
peanut butter using an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute,
then on high speed for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add Cool Whip and
beat on low speed until blended, about 1 minute.
- Pour into frozen
pie shell and return to freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, butter,
half-and-half and corn syrup.
- Heat in microwave for 1 minute.
until smooth and pour over the entire top of the frozen mousse.
- Return to freezer until set, about 30 minutes.
- May be thawed in refrigerator before serving, or cut with a hot knife to
Makes 10 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.