Pineapple Cream Pie
- 1 (No. 2 1/2 can) pineapple chunks
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 2/3 cups pineapple chunks
- Filling: Drain pineapple chunks, saving liquid.
- Combine in saucepan sugar, cornstarch, salt and eggs.
- Stir in milk and 1/3 cup of pineapple juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick.
- Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla extract. Beat with beater until smooth.
- Cool and pour into baked pie shell.
- Spoon glazed pineapple chunks over top.
- Topping: Combine sugar, cornstarch and juice. Cook until thick and clear.
- Remove from heat. Stir in food coloring and pineapple chunks. Cool.
- Top pie with cooled topping.