Pineapple Cream Pie
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 baked 9-inch crust
- Scald milk.
- Combine butter, sugar, salt, flour and egg yolks.
- Add hot milk gradually, stirring constantly. Cook in double boiler until thickened.
- Add pineapple.
- Cool and pour into baked pie shell.
- Top with meringue made by adding 4 tablespoons sugar to stiffly beaten egg whites and bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes.
Variation: Add whole eggs to mixture and then top with whipped cream before serving.