Pineapple Meringue Pie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-inch) pie crust, baked
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine cornstarch, 1/2 cup sugar, salt and undrained pineapple
in saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until clear
- Beat egg yolks; add a little of the hot mixture to yolks, then return
to saucepan with lemon juice. Cook 1 minute.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Prepare meringue. Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Slowly add the remaining
1/2 cup sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
meringue over the hot filling, spreading to crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until nicely browned.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cream Pie Recipes