Praline Cream Pie
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs *
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 20 wrapped caramels
- 1/3 cup crushed butter brickle or toffee
- 1 cup cream
- Combine sugar and cornstarch. Mix with milk. Place milk over medium
heat, stirring to prevent scorching, cook until thick and creamy.
- Beat eggs. Pour a small amount of hot pudding into beaten eggs,
stirring rapidly. Pour egg mixture into remaining hot pudding. Stirring,
cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in butter and vanilla extract.
- Unwrap caramels and add to hot pudding. Stir until caramels begin
- Add butter brickle pieces and stir (caramels will not be
completely melted or mixed in).
- Pour mix into baked pie shell.
for 3 to 4 hours.
- To serve, whip cream and place a dollop on each piece of pie.
with additional butter brickle, if desired.
* Using 3 egg yolks in place of whole eggs will create a smoother